Sunday, December 03, 2006





































Well... this whole project is a difficult task but this thing here will be the most complicated part of them all.

I don't know how the people from Lockheed put this thing together but some parts are not made to disassemble again. Not a single piece can be removed without removing two or three other parts before. And you need a around-the-corner screwdriver and a 3/8" rubber-wrench... :-)

... or 20 atomic powered micro chinese to get to the screws from inside...

I wonder how they managed it to install or change the steel cables. I'm really glad I don't have to do that!

On the last picture you can see the first finished lever (wing flaps). The housing is already cleaned... that was a sticky job. Today I already painted two throttle levers.

I still don't know how I will install the computer-interface-potentiometers but for nostalgic reasons it will be something with cords and wires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nochmal ich.

Schau dir mal den Throttle-Quadrant von mir an. Die rotative Bewegung wird da über einen Hebel auf ein Linear-Potentiometer übertragen.