Sunday, January 07, 2007



A couple of weeks passed and I didn't write something new. But that doesn't mean I did nothing!
As one can see on the pictures, many things happened. (Compare the pics on the post before)

The throttle console is one of these things where I had some doubts if it will come out good. But now, with some fresh paint on it, I am quite confident. Sometimes I ask myself how I made that. I had to make the sheet metal around the left front corner new because it was missing. I had to attach some sheets around the lower edge because the "colleagues" in the Dominican Rep. have not been very careful with the cutter. The rear part had to be re-attached because it was cut away during the disassembly of the cockpit.

Sounds simple in these few sentences... but it isn't! I'm not a tinsmith, I'm a computer hardware techie... but with a bit oil and metal in my blood.

Well, the mechanical part of the work is almost done. Some more parts have to be cleaned and painted and that's it... half the work is finished.
Half the work? Ah yes, the electronic part comes after that and it will be a bit complicated. potentiometers... breaking the throttle levers mechanically.... switches...levers...auto pilot...reverse lock... gear lock solenoid... etc. etc.

No comments: